- Written by: Amateur Radio Newsline
- Category: Current Events
- Hits: 433
Amateur Radio Newsline beginning 1/20/23 is here with all the latest news from the world of amateur radio. In today's episode you'll hear-
- BOUVET ISLAND ON THE HORIZON
- THINKING AHEAD TO THE 2026 CHAMPIONSHIP
- TWO PROMINENT INDIAN AMATEURS ARE SILENT KEYS
- FROM DRILL TO REAL-LIFE DISASTER
- IN THE US, FIELD DAY: IN THE WINTER?
- KFF MARATHON CHALLENGE GETS IN THE RUNNING
- WEST BENGAL HAMS ENSURE PILGRIMS' SAFETY
- BBC FEATURES THE LEADING VOICES OF CW EDUCATORS
- RADIO RELAY INTERNATIONAL EXPANDS ITS REACH
- YOUTH DX ADVENTURE GROUP RETURNING TO CURAÇAO
- TEN METERS PUTS OUT ITS WELCOME MAT
- KICKER: SQUIRRELING AWAY SOME GREAT QSOs
All the latest news is HERE.
ARNewsline™ and Amateur Radio Newsline™ Copyright © 1998-2021 All Rights Reserved.
AR Newsline™ is a Trademark of Amateur Radio Newsline, Inc.
- Written by: ARRL
- Category: Special Events
- Hits: 84
We have POTA, and IOTA, and SOTA. And now the ARRL is giving us VOTA- Volunteers On The Air!
Welcome to ARRL's Volunteers On the Air (VOTA) operating event!
As announced in the January 2023 issue of QST the ARRL is celebrating a year-long operating event honoring all ARRL volunteers: Volunteers On the Air.
In similar fashion to the 2014 ARRL Centennial Celebration, and the 2018 International Grid Chase, this event will be exclusively driven only by QSOs uploaded to Logbook of The World (LoTW).
Highlights of the event include:
- Earning Points for contacting W1AW Portable Stations: There will be week-long activations of portable W1AW/# stations in all 50 states, and in several US Possessions/Territories, that will generate on-air activity to earn points. Each state will be activated twice. The schedule of when which states will be activated as posted in the dashboard above will be updated as changes/additions occur. See the POINTS TABLE for the full list of points.
- Contacting ARRL Volunteers or Members on the air: ARRL Officers, Directors, Section Managers (and their appointees), Staff, and even Members domestically (and DX) can be contacted for points. See the POINTS TABLE for the full list of points.
Using Logbook of the World (LoTW – see http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world) as the QSOs data source, the 2023 Volunteers On The Air event features W1AW activations from all 50 states (twice) and several territories during 2023. Weeks will begin on a Wednesday and end on a Tuesday. Some weeks will be shown as off weeks to avoid other major operating events.
Participants will work W1AW portable stations and ARRL volunteers to earn QSO points.
Participants do not need to upload to or participate in LoTW. Uploads to LoTW by W1AW portable stations and by the volunteers will feed the points scoring system. [Participants are not required to be ARRL Members. Even so, we encourage all Amateur Radio operators who are not members to consider joining the comradery with our 160,000+ current members. When joining, you'll discover support, inspiration, and advice to elevate your Amateur Radio experience.]
A Leaderboard will be activated after the event ramps up, and Certificates will be available during and after the event concludes. Once the year is completed, a final summary will be released.
Revisit this page regularly for updates: Volunteers On the Air (arrl.org). Particular information is available in the "Dashboard."
- Written by: ARRL/staff
- Category: ARRL
- Hits: 57
Page 2 of 2